Sunday, May 15, 2011

How Do You Add A Category To Your Blogger Blog?

So Immediately after first setting up my very first Blogger blog I already knew that I had a lot to say!  So then the question arose, how do I start categorizing my thoughts right from the start!  As you can see I already have a topic in mind, it's blogging!  It's seems relevant, wouldn't you agree?  So here I am staring blankly at the unfamiliar layout of the Blogger CMS trying to locate a Create Category link with very little success.

Search For How To Add A Category To Blogger!

So, Google to the rescue!  I know, you guys already knew I was going to say that!  That's okay.  Let's pretend you didn't and move forward, right away!
So I Googled "How To Add A Category To Your Blogger Blog?".
I must say that the intitial results didn't look promising, found something immediately about an untested plugin that may or may not get the job done. Ick. Sounds like too much work to me already! On to some different results and possible solutions!

Adding Categories To A Blogger Blog ANSWERS!

Turns out I am in fact a moron.
One kind person was able to show me the error of my ways with a brief tutorial about categorizing your Blogger blog posts.  Turns out there is already something here configured into the Blogger system to aid category makers such as myself!  It's called Labels!
Just add yourself a Label Gadget to your blog, or write your own HTML Links to Labels with the customer HTML/JS Gadget!  That might be all you need to know to get started, as I did.  For those of you who would like a great little tutorial on the process of adding a category to your Blogger Blog.

Check Out http://interestingwebs.blogspot.com/2008/11/adding-categories-to-blogspot-blogger.html

Enjoy Making Labels For Your Blogger Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment